Saturday, August 23, 2008

Forwards and Backwards

It is 8PM. Despite making up with my husband last night, I haven't seen or heard from him since I dropped him off at the gym at around noon.

Is intimacy the equivalent of making up? I thought so. But am quickly realizing it is not. This morning, he casually told me as he was getting ready to head out that his cousin would be spending a night at our apartment. I didn't dare say, "...but why didn't you tell me sooner?" I don't want to be in the same boat I was in this time last week.

Is being a good wife, just keeping your mouth shut?

I called him multiple times during the day and he didn't pick up his phone. Why wouldn't he simply call me to tell me where he is?

I finally got through to him, after like the 5th call. He was giving me a long story about how the car he was in broke down. I asked him if his phone was broken too. He told me not to turn this into a big deal. So, I put on my "be a good wife and don't say anything" hat. I won't mention it again.

I don't know if I am coming or going in this relationship. I just don't get it. Funny I should think we were moving forward, when he is now doing things he has never done before!

I sigh in frustration...

No comments: