I did something for the 1st time that I am now feeling totally guilty of! Yesterday, when I got off work, I met my sister for dinner at Rutgers, the college she currently attends. Since my husband didn't bother calling me, I didn't bother telling him I would be home late. He ended up getting home before me. And rather than doing what I usually do...running to prepare a meal for him to eat, I simply changed my clothes and hopped into bed. For that moment, I didn't care whether or not he had eaten. I didn't care if he was hungry. I didn't care if he was tired and had a long day. I felt so unappreciated the night before that I merely couldn't stand to lift a finger! But in the end, I felt so horrible...I felt SO wrong. He ended up frying eggs for dinner.So the minute I stepped into the house today, I made two meals. One for him to eat immediately (and to bring to work) and one for tomorrow, in the event he were to get home early. I thought my not lifting a finger and being "on strike" for a day would be liberating. But it simply wasn't. It had the totally opposite effect.
He still isn't talking to me...despite my telling him, when he called me during my lunch hour, that I didn't like what was happening between us.
I continue to call upon the Lord to give me the energy, the patience, and the know-how to see this through. "Striking" simply won't do!
No comments:
Post a Comment