Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fatigue

I am literally tired!

Mentally, physically and emotionally tired!

Not to long ago, I was saying how things were on the up and up, but I realize this is one of those backward steps that we are taking right now!

My husband hasn't spoken to me since Sunday. Two days have already gone by. He was upset with me for something I said to him...something I consider to be a "slip of the tongue". On Sunday morning, he thought he would help me find an outfit for the baby to wear to church. He went into the closet and found the biggest suit, a size 3T that would fit a three year old (the baby is only 4 and 1/2 months) and came towards the baby with it. I asked him if he didn't happen to see how huge the suit was. It was like a knee jerk reaction. I hadn't intended on saying it out loud, knowing how sensitive my husband gets to things I say and takes everything as a personal attack of his character! But it was too late. He was already pissed.

He never stopped to tell me he was angry or that he didn't appreciate what I said, but it was already written all over his face and through is actions. He suddenly made the decision that he was no longer going to church. So I had to get the baby ready all by myself, bundle him up into the car seat, and lull the heavy car seat, baby bag, Bible, and everything else to church by myself.

That afternoon I had to purchase a play pen for the baby and go grocery shopping. I thought when I got back home, he would be here to help me bring it all up. He wasn't even home! Hadn't even bothered to tell me where he was going. So after dragging all of the heavy grocery bags, formula boxes, and the play pen upstairs, I was simply beat! I then proceeded to wash some of the baby's clothes and didn't stop until after my husband had come home a little close to midnight.

He didn't say good bye before he left, or speak to me during my lunch hour...all signs by now that he is really angry with me.

No comments: