Monday, February 28, 2011

A Super tall order

Sunday's sermon continued with the theme of God's love and how we ought to have this love towards one antoher. What a tall order when you are in a miserable marriage! He specifically spoke to married couples saying that as opposed to praying to ask God to change that person so they wouldn't treat you so bad, you ought to ask God to give you more love in your heart to be able to love that person so much that they are forced to change! What an even taller order!

So tonight, as I come home super duper exhausted from a long day's work, dropping off and picking up the kids from the sitter, walking into a house with a smelly garbage that hasn't been taken out in what feels like eons, and a dirty kitchen floor that my husband must think will mop itself, I pull out a bucket and a mop and with a huge belly and pain filled back, I take out the garbage and mop this floor as my husband enjoys a basketball game. I wouldn't even know how to begin that prayer to ask for more a bigger heart with more love.


Dear God...


Dear God...

Where do I begin...

Dear God...

Show me where to begin...

I call upon YOU to help me to pick up this broken down trodden heart of mine...so heavy and filled with sorrow, anger, resentment and dismay. Rather, fill it with Your overflowing love, which by my own accord would never come to be. FILL ME WITH YOUR LOVE...FILL ME WITH YOUR ABOUNDING LOVE...MAY MY HEART BE FILLED WITH YOUR LOVE..MAY MY HEART OVERFLOW WITH YOUR LOVE...

In Jesus' name I pray...

Lord help me!

No comments: